View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #56
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
I repaired too many bent aftermarket crash bars to agree that there are better crash bars than original Triumph + touratech tank bars. Despite I had grief with not fitting Touratech bars - but they sorted it for me.
Every other crash bar I see on marked are typical approach of mounting massive bars to/using questionable mounts and lot of console type of attachment.
Some of them even crash engine cases by bending...I think it was SW motech or something that someone had this happen with.

Triumph bars are sort sturdy set that have a lots of attachment points and will protect motor perfectly. Touratech tank bars will take care of rest.
I would like a pic of the Triumph crash bars with Touratech upper crash bars. Just to see if it looks natural or awkward. The happy trails bars look dorky in my opinion but the Holan crash bars match the bikes contours and look more natural I think its important that a farkle match the bikes styling and does not look like an after thought slapped on. The Holan Crash bars are 250 bucks. The Touratech upper crash bar is 200 bucks.
Holan Crash Cars

Touratech upper crash bars

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 04:36 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote