View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #58
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
I repaired too many bent aftermarket crash bars to agree that there are better crash bars than original Triumph + touratech tank bars. Despite I had grief with not fitting Touratech bars - but they sorted it for me.
Every other crash bar I see on marked are typical approach of mounting massive bars to/using questionable mounts and lot of console type of attachment.
Some of them even crash engine cases by bending...I think it was SW motech or something that someone had this happen with.

Triumph bars are sort sturdy set that have a lots of attachment points and will protect motor perfectly. Touratech tank bars will take care of rest.
The SW Motech crash bars use the same mounting system as the OEM at several points. The OEM gives absolutely zero protection for the radiator and tank. If you are repairing bikes with bent crash bars then they did their job. That kinda goes without saying. If the engine cases were cracked by the crash bars then the same would have happened with the OEM and maybe worse due to other aftermarket bars displacing the force over a greater area.