View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,497
My TDM was trying to tell me something.

With beautiful weather lately I decided for an early morning ride to show a couple of mates the new bakery shop assistant, who the previous weekend had presented me with the biggest pair of plump, most beautiful, custard berliners I'd seen in a while.

So we met in the Adelaide hills for some easy dirt tracks heading south for coffee & cake to a pretty southern town named Strathalbyn.

Just after we crossed the railway line, we thought WTF ................. didn't see that train coming

Not long after that incident, I noticed this screw in the tyre. As it was recessed & the tyre wasn't going flat, I decided to leave it in & see what happens. I had all the tyre repair kit with me anyway.

We continued on ........... I didn't listen.

Not long after, the clutch cable just seemed to go slack very quick, like when it had snapped back in 2008. At that stage I thought of heading directly home, however it moved easily & adjusted OK so I pressed on. I didn't listen.

Enjoying some fast flowing dirt tracks, I entered a downhill increasingly tightening right hander .....

I felt the front tyre slide in the loose gravel to full lock .................... my reflex ABS hand kicked in & I corrected the slide & saved a low side.

I thought to myself ... well done

........ but alas the tracked continued right while I was trying to tame my 330kg bike & rider monster.

So I decided to abort the corner & head for the soft grass or so I thought.

But alas again, hidden under the grass were numerous very hard rocks.

End result sliding down the road some 30 metres or so.

After gathering my thoughts, we decided to call short the ride & head for home some 50kms away, as I could feel the adrenalin wearing off.

In view of our health scares over recent years, we decided to start spending the kids inheritance & departure for UK to treat the wife in her first year of breast cancer remission, is less than 4 weeks away & I wasn't looking forward to the greeting I would receive but Mrs MB respects my passion. I think I caught her at a weak moment, as unfortunately she is struggling with pneumonia.

So a heap of ibuprofen for me, lots of ice & rest completed the day .............. not to mention crossed fingers.

Err well ......................... some extra help from another pain reliever was enjoyed as well, but I found that too much red wine would just seep out

Good news today, no broken collar bone, no soft tissue damage or legment damage, just swelling.

I just noticed why I've been limping too

Talk about a "get out of jail free" tumble.

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 01:24 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote