teach me about the northern Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs
Stu-wife is looking at a possible job in Lewisville, TX. We know nothing about the area; neither of us has visited Dallas in over 10 years. So a couple of questions:
1) what's lewisville like? suburbia-hell where it's all chain restaurants and overcrowded mall parking lots?
2) how old is the area? in a preliminary search of real estate, almost everything looked like it had been built in the past 20 years.
3) is there much in the way of local theatres (live), concert venues, or do you have to hike to downtown Dallas or Ft. Worth for that sort of stuff?
4) what's traffic like? how long does it take to get from lewisville to downtown dallas in rush hour?
5) how far further out do you have to go to be able to find a couple of acres?
any and all insights are appreciated.