Thread: Claude of CSM
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
XL-erate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
I've never done business with or contacted Claude in any way, but I know a lot about him. From all of the sidecar forums and message boards I've gotten a real clear picture of the measure of the man.

With so many, even the vast majority, the main thing in their minds is what profit they can somehow get out of a contact or verbal exchange or whatever. Time and time again, countless now, Claude steps forward and offers excellent, wise, clear and detailed assistance to total strangers with no strings attached, free of charge! He's not manipulating folks for a future profit but instead just opening up his vast store of knowledge to freely share. Even when people are being a jerk he contiues to patiently walk them through and get them straightened out, at least on sidecars.

How many times have I read where his door is open and you're invited to just drop in, relax and set a spell, enjoy your visit and nothing expected in return? I've seen many times, more than I could ever remember, where he shared mechanical stuff that took him some considerable sweat and blood to design, the hard way, and then to work out the kinks at his expense, just given freely to make some stranger's life easier! Life isn't just about what you can get out of it. No, sometimes the much bigger picture is all about what you can give back into it for all that you've received.

Top of the heap if you ask me! Thanks, Claude, a job very well done!

And please, no reply necessary, sir, because I know stuff like this is embarrassing and awkward. Keep up the good work!
XL-erate is offline   Reply With Quote