View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #286
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDarrin View Post
Not sure where my te630 fits into this spectrum you describe to another user above. Would the Overlander 30 work for me and my dear husky? I would also like to keep away from a rack, I have been investigating the Kriega bags and the GL coyote (the white and black is awful tempting ;]). Do you have a third bag to fit on top between the two? Maybe the US-20 is a good match?
Hey Baron,

Your machine falls nicely into the proper Dual Sport category, so the Overlander 30 will mount with a standard fitment. As you may have gathered from this thread, time spent experimenting with the positioning of the included Rack Loops before getting out the drill, is time well spent.

Here's a snap of a UK customer's Husky complete with Overlander 30 and additional US-20 tail pack:

His set-up is a little unusual, with the bags mounted vertically, on account of the rear rack he's got on there. The Overlander 30 was designed to eliminate the need for a rack. So, normally, the bags would be mounted much further back and more diagonally, as you'll have seen on traveltoad's KTM. This provides a lot more seat space than our UK man has chosen for himself there, by fitting a rack and RotopaX.

After a few dry-runs you'll find your ideal position. As long as the bags aren't contacting with the exhaust (which is pretty exposed on the TE, so you'll probably need an after-market heat shield), you'll be good to go.

Whichever bag you decide to mount between the Overlander packs, depends on entirely on how much gear you need to haul. Like traveltoad, my preference is to go as light as possible, so I'd suggest the US-10 or 20, which, like the US-30, attaches in seconds via the included Alloy Hook Straps. Photos of the various US tail packs in situ are shown below:

US-5 (fitted with optional Kriega Cam Straps)

US-10

US-20

US-30

Any other similarly sized item (attached with optional Kriega Cam Straps)

Full spec etc is available here: http://www.kriega.us/overlander-30-m...annier-system/

I hope that helps, but please feel free to PM me a contact number and I'll be happy to call and go through it in more detail if required.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 12:39 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote