View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadBaron View Post
I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize and express a bit of remorse for hacking up a nice, all-original, CB350. Not that CB350s are rare bikes, but now I know better and as a rule I leave the nice, original bikes as they are and only cut up and heavily modify already messed up machines. If I could go back and do it differently I would, but at the time I was younger and less cultured than I am now. I was a good mechanic, but I was used to working on big, American, V-8s and was new to small Japanese motorcycles. I really liked Japanese bikes, but at the time I didn't view them as historically significant. So again, I repent. Now is now, and what's done is done, though, so I won't dwell on it and I intend to turn this poor machine into a really enjoyable bike again.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I decided to not even look at a minty-fresh, low mile Honda several days ago. My first thought was that it'd be a great platform to have some fun with, but then it hit me...I'd actually feel bad for doing ANY modifications to it. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a project bike.

Have fun with yours!

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote