View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #31
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenter View Post
We just had a car pull directly in front of the path of a semi that had just came off of the interstate and was hauling 80,000 LBS. This dumbass car driver pulled straight across in front of him at an intersection. The truck clipped the car which sent the truck in to and almost completely through a resturaunt, 2 people were killed in the resturaunt.
I just bought a new pickup truck and have 4k miles on it. Some dumbass kid turned left out of the right lane at the last second the other night and I plowed him. Did $5k in damage to my truck. Glad I was not on the bike!
We have had wreck after wreck in our county lately and it is all just stupid shit. People are not paying attention to driving. It is either cell phones or ???? It seems they just decide to turn and don't look to see if someone else is around their mission is to turn and that is what they do. I am beginning to get spooked about riding. That really sucks!
+1
I get tired of hearing myself say it, but it was safer to ride a motorcycle in 1994 than it is now. My theory? Cars were not as safe, people still were afraid of dying in them, and pretty much nobody had a cell phone. Now? 14 airbags and a literal home theatre on the dashboard mean paying attention to others on the road is a distant 3rd concern. Sucks. Cars should have a big spike sticking outta the steering wheel. Not trying to derail the thread, I love to hear stories of riders walking away from spills, especially at this speed. Knowledge shared is priceless.
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote