Thread: No stop USA
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #251
LowPSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Proof you shouldn't believe everything you read. Her report on TdN is not accurate and it bothers me. It sounds like she didn't even leave the pits. It does not do justice to the amazing organization by the Swiss club and the town of Moutier.

Read my report on the TdN in the latest Trials and Enduro news. I love telling this story. It was world class organization.The best I've seen in 40 years of going to World Trials. It was everything a trials should be. It was an event organized by and for the City of Moutier and the Swiss MC Federation. Spectators were everywhere and they were catered to. Shuttle buses got them to the section groups so fast there where there before us and able to follow the whole event. At each section group there were huge tents with tables, chairs and big screen TV's with up to minute section scoring. More importantly they were serving cold beer and hot food. Each section had a huge digital display that showed the riders time and score. The checkers had remotes and as the rider dabbed the score changed instantly and the clock counted down. At one hill climb section they built a real wooden 150' staircase that allowed people to see the whole section.

The Paddock area was unreal. It was huge 2 story convention center in the middle of town. Down stairs were the pits, showers and meeting rooms....A good size practice area just outside with big logs and rocks. Spectators could watch practice. There were 3 sections just outside next to the center and the distance form the beer and sausages vendor was maybe 50'. There were tables and umbrellas there too. Upstairs the convention center was another world. In a word "atmosphere" The final 2 sections were indoors, bleachers for spectators, huge stage, professional sound and lighting, they had the announcer from the Indoors there, a VIP beer garden for sponsors, dozens of vendors, S3, Clice, Montesa, Sherco, GasGas local trials dealers etc...Motorex Oil and Monster Energy were the main sponsors....there was a bicycle trials demo area and all under one roof.....and food, very good food, In the morning omelets, fresh croissants, espresso, pastries. later in the day roast ham and olive oil french fries and cold beer. After the awards ceremony they served complementary local wine and cheese and meats to everyone. The air in that place was a mix of exhaust and french fries...It was heaven.

LowPSI screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 09:24 PM
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote