View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Hi Jerry H, Ace Jones, Lifer, huge moth, Redhand moto, and Soboy. Thanks all so much!
First off, I continue to be amazed at the wealth of good ideas and inspiration I am receiving...
Also, it seems I need to post a new update! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off the last few days, and haven't written an update. I have new locations, new information, made some initial distributor decisions, as well as a few new ideas. I will post tomorrow...
As far as space, yes, I started thinking really big (if you are going to dream, start big). As,I learned more and more, I have scaled back the size and the proximity to downtown needs. There are a few very large strip malls in Naperville that are virtually empty. They were built during the economic boom, and now sit idle. I imagine those owners are desperate for tenants, especially a cool one that could create some excitement. I look to aggressively negotiate a short term lease at a low rate. After I get some sales revenue going, I would be happy to commit to a longer term deal for a more reasonable rate. But again, what good does an idle space do? Might as well take ad antage of that...
Also, I started riding scooters for cheap transportation, but it is way past that now. I believe I could share my passion and sell scooters at any gas price...
I was just joking about the snow mobile. My thoughts on winter are this: I drove all over today and it is mid November. I believe September through November would me my slowest sales months. I believe December could be my biggest month if marketed right. January may be slow, but then we all will be getting the itch, and the spring season will be upon us....
Thanks again everyone, and keep your eyes open for a post tomorrow. So much more to say...
Ken