View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #14961
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
As it turned out, they had 2 2012 demo bikes in stock, one for $10k, and one for $11k--still not cheap, but as far as I can see, its about the only time you can expect to pay under MSRP with these bikes.

Thoughts?
There are Tiger 800 Roadie and XC on Craigslist. Use SeachTempest, to search all of Craigslist.

For a '12 Roadie, I was quoted $9500, plus $495 freight. No setup fee, as the dealer is reimbursed from the factory for assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmahtaz View Post
Also, was amazed to find a 2013 T800 version is $12,400 before taxes, title and fees. The dealership in Covina is charging for assembly and freight. I mentioned that was pretty steep. He didn't seem to think so in the least.
As I stated above, the dealer is reimbursed for assembly. Don't pay it. The bikes, in your area should all ship for about the same money. Call around, to see what others are charging. There's still plenty of '12 bikes to chose from; just got to do some searching.

At your height, I think you'll be happier with the XC. There are plenty of road-oriented tires to choose from.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote