View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,606
Playa Coyote, beach camping.

If you are looking for a true escape, stop here!

We stumbled upon this place heading north to Mulege and decided to stop here and spent 2 wonderful nights. Unfortunately we lost our camera, so you will have to suffer with only the google street view and the few pics on our phone. We got a palm roofed palapa for $5 per night. You pay when the old guy comes around.

We met a great guy Mark from north west Colorado who camps there every year in an old Toyota camper. Tell him we said hi! Why does mark return every year? This place is like the ultimate unplugged beach getaway, but with amenities. First, how about room service in your palm palapa? Every morning a couple of ladies from town come by in a pick up truck selling fresh empenadas, tamales, and other yummy goodness. Shortly after comes the guy selling fresh fruit. Then comes blanket and necklace guy. Within waling distance there is a little tienda with soda, water, beer, etc. Next to the tienda is a shack with a wonderful older lady making grilled chicken, next to that is a cool bar, Estella's (owned by a British expat lady),

Just north of Coyote (walking distance, there is a trail through the cactus) is another beach. There is a little restaurant on the west side of the road owned by a family with a fishing boat. They cook what they catch, so yes it's fresh and awesome! There is also another more "touristy" restaurant at that beach, but we never went in.

Street view looking north from the south end of Coyote:

View Larger Map

Estrella's Bar:

The family owned restaurant:

That day they caught these:

*EDIT*
I didn't have good pics of the actual beach because we lost our camera, but thanks to ADV Inmate Hardworkingdog who just stayed here as well I am able to add a couple of pics. HWD also contributed another entry for Todos Santos, and I am hoping he does more.

Find bliss here:

View Larger Map

muddyrabbit screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 06:00 PM
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote