View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,672
Coco's Corner!

How can we have a Baja info thread without the most important moto destination in all of Baja?

Where precisely is Coco's? In case you are the one person planning to travel Baja who can't find it on a map, here ya go:

View Larger Map

The last time I was at Coco's was February of 2012. As of then, he had a couple of old campers that you could sleep in for a few pesos, the cleanest outhouses I've ever seen, and of course beer, soda, and lingerie. The night we spent was feakishly cold and 25mph winds, so I was very thankful for an old camper to sleep in!

Someone once asked me "why in the world would you spend the night at Coco's?" Well, if you've never spent a night in the desert and seen the stars with no ambient light from a population center that should be reason enough. We did it however because Coco's is a major stopping point for all kinds of travelers. We met a bunch of interesting people there and it was just a cool experience.

Everyone wants to go to sign the guest book and flip through the pages. I've signed 3 times, Mala Bunny twice, and it is totally true that Coco can remember you and find your signature years later. The last time was quite special, as I popped the question by writing it in the book, and Mala Bunny's reply is right below. Coco said I was the first nutcase ever to propose at his place.

Stop to sign the book and hang a souvenir on the wall, but consider spending the night. It will be a unique experience for sure! Just remember to bring your own chow, but Coco did make us some coffee in the morning.

Just after the history making question, photo by ADV Member Snooker:

Mala Bunny in 2010:

The book:

muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote