View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
dfwscotty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,256
For the periphery country living you could look halfway between Denton and Ft Worth near Tx Motor Speedway. The traffic is only a pain around 4 times a year and there are ways around it. If you live around Justin you can catch Hwy 114 and run it all the way to Irving and on into Dallas. Then you can start looking north towards Denton, Ponder, Krum, Sanger, Pilot Point, Aubrey. The last 2 are east/northeast of Denton and there is no quick way through Denton. These are all small towns and im recommending them for the land in the area not the towns themselves other than a quick grocery stop.

Denton is quirky. Has some nice neighborhoods, 2 colleges. Its kind of an artsy town, some good small music clubs. The streets suck....most towns streets are east west north south. Not Denton, they do that occasionally but then they throw some turns in there to take you in a different direction.....easy enough to learn, just takes some time to get where you're going.

Hauling ass depends on the routes. The over and over commuting routes you can learn the troopers/locals fishing spots. ALthough i'm not a big fan of the cable barriers between the opposite lanes on the interstates if I know there are nice flat areas I will run 80-85. Got to watch the frontage roads though. The cops will run on the 2ways watching the oncoming traffic on the interstate.

Good riding up to the north and out west but not alot of dirt other than county roads. Hill country starts 3 hours to the southwest, eastern OK and Ark are 3-4 hours north east. More good riding with more trees out east.

1999 BMW 1100GS
2012 Kawasaki Concours
dfwscotty is offline   Reply With Quote