View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #2737
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Don't know how you guys ride in that cold weather...12c is about my limit, in yhe previous post you said Gary had no lights...don't you have to ride with the lights on in Scotland ? Here in Australia lights are hard wired to be on all the time.

So what's the plans for winter...push bike rides ? I'm off for a mid week ride today (23c) & next Sundays ride should be in lovely 28c...just right, last Sunday was mid 30's so on the way to summer here in Aus.

Terry
I think Matt has already answered your question ..but yes most bikes here have the lights hard wired to be on all the time too. But it's not compulsory to ride with your lights on during daylight hours if you have the option to turn them off. If your bike has no lights, like Gary's track bike, you can get a 'daytime MOT' that allows you to use it on public roads - but only during daylight hours (hence the need for him to get back before dark )

As for winter? - we still meet up as a group on Sunday mornings ..but just for breakfast and a chat ..and Sarah and I will continue cycling through the winter. I managed to get out for a ride on Sunday again but temps were 6C which meant that the roads never died out. Not ideal. ..but still, you have to take what you can get at this time of year.

Kamchat screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 02:35 PM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote