View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #242
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Here is my RR:

The gang met up at 630am in Sunland, which consisted of Joel, Jim, Jon, Todd, Rich, Ersin, Diego, and myself. It was pretty chilly, and we made our way up Big T to Angeles Forest Highway, where it was even COLDER!

Getting ready to slap it from Palmdale to Mojave.

The parking lot bled orange so early in the morning!

We first headed north along the California Aquaduct. A few of the WRR's here, Jon and Jim.

Joel doing his thing.

Jon at a mini wash crossing.

Jim and his next restoration project.

A large portion of our route was redirected due to a large tortoise home.

While we were discussing route options, Diego walks away from Jim's bike which started it's first of may self induced naps.

Next stop, Randsburg, led by BigTodd.

A little bit of sand never hurt Ersin.

Joel is predicting victory...

Until his bike decided otherwise.

Diego considers some Dakar-esque speeds to clear the drop.

Now just slightly cool, an absolutely stunning day.

Next we took turns making our way up the steep road on our reroute around the tortoises. Joel in action.

Next, Jon.

Rich was thinking it would be good to have a few more knobs on that back tire.

Diego powers up.

Bill stretching the legs on his new WRR.

We managed to ride the east perimeter fence line of the Honda Proving Grounds. It was up for sale earlier this year so I'm not sure if it's still owned by Honda or not.

Slabbing a small bit into Randsburg for lunch.

After a well earned lunch in Randsburg, we decided to head to Husky from the northwest. Some nice roads heading SE towards Husky.

And finally we made it!

From here, we rode back out to 395 and half split down the slab towards OC, while the rest us continued towards 20 Mule Team Parkway. Jon, Joel, Bill, Jim, and I got back to Mojave at dusk. After Bill split in his truck, we warmed up with some soup from Subway and the 4 of us slabbed it back in the dark.

GPS tracks for the day. 337 miles in 13.5 hours...a very good ride!
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote