View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
treetop333
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWzenrider View Post
As you can see in the diagram in my previous reply, if you compress the front suspension (drop the front end), you would increase the steepness of the steering axis. And yes, that would reduce trail.
Of course, for a sidecar this is not necessarily a bad thing...

Of course, even with a sidecar, if the trail figure gets too low the steering can begin to feel a bit vauge. I like to have some trail left so that I am still getting feedback from the front wheel.
(center hub steering is a whole 'nuther kettle-o-fish, so the trail figures for those are not related to what we are talking about.)

-----

As far as the rear wheel conversions, I don't currently have any of the adapter hubs on hand, so it would take several weeks to get all the parts together, the anodizing done, etc.

To be honest, it has been months since anyone has shown any interest, and I have been trying to decide if it would be worth the investment of having another batch of hubs machined up only to have them sitting gathering dust for who knows how long.
I haven't even checked to see if the prices at my anodizing shop, machine shop, and parts suppliers have changed since the first batch was made.

Ideally, I would like to know that I have at least 2 people interested/commited before investing the time/money to do another batch of hubs.
Even then, I will be sitting on part of my investment while I wait for other buyers.
SantaRosa?
GAS GUY?
Anyone else with a serious interest???

I would be interested
treetop333 is offline   Reply With Quote