View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #64
preppypyro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
Under the valve covers there is a wiring harness that can come loose and cause CEL codes, and rough running, sometimes without even throwing codes. All it takes is two quarters ground down a little bit shoved in the clip to prevent the harness from coming apart and causing problems. Its a somewhat common issue, and a fairly easy cheap fix.

I never have done the napa air filter mod yet. I go through air filters like a mofo (live and drive lots on gravel) and didnt like the idea of it not being washable. I see riffraff diesel sells washable filters now so Ill have to order one up when I need to order parts. (dont know how familiar you guys are with diesels, but if you ever need parts, give Clay at riffraff diesel a shout, he is awesome to deal with and his prices + shipping are generally half price of what I can find up in Canada!)

I know ELC isnt absolutely necessary, but the trouble free operation and not having the hassle of having to test your coolant was worth it to me. Its more of an upgrade or modification, then an absolute necessity!

preppypyro screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 07:17 PM
preppypyro is offline   Reply With Quote