View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #108
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,624
The seventh day of our trip, 9-27-12, is to be a fun rest day in Charleston. We start the day out by having breakfast with the nice folks we met from Germany...so funny...we kept running across them all the way down from OBX to our hotel in Charleston.

Another view of the courtyard where we ate breakfast and was back in the afternoon for a wine and cheese reception....terrible ain't it....

Our room here was very nice but it reminded us of Delft blue antique dishes But it was very nice and the bed was big enough for my long legs...

I did see a good deal on a sport bike down here....kid was riding it on a back street and was concerned about the police chasing him...

Eh...don't think it would fit me too well anyway.

Now here is a sampling from our day of browsing the shops and hanging out near the waterfront. Lots of neat architecture and equineitecture ( I made that up) if you like that sort of thing...if not...scroll on I'll post up more of the trip in a few days.

photo of mtngal taking a photo...

Neat tree bark

I have no idea how that plant got up there...

Great food here!

The market

I think you may want to tilt your computer to look at this next one...

Wow,getting dehydrated just looking at this, time for some refreshments at the Noisy Oyster...

Ok, enough of this and tomorrow we head down to see the Tea Plantation, Angel Oak, and then head north toward Newberry SC where we encounter a poltergeist at dinner and we have the photo to prove it...

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 08:51 PM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote