View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #2745
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
That is exactly what my mother said to me when I got my first streetbike at age 16, a used Suzuki GT380. though I had been riding dirt bikes from age 8, and that didn't really seem to bother her, when I started riding on the street, she had already written me off, and it took over 2 years for her to realize that maybe I wasn't going to get killed after all. I am now 53 years old, have ridden over 500,000 miles on 41 different bikes, and have not yet had a single accident. (not counting all the times I got banged up racing MX as a teenager)

Ah ha! - We seem to have lived the same life ......in an alternate universe?

Similar mothers, similar ages (I am 54), similar bikes (I had a GT380 too! - although it was my second bike after an RD250)....... it was all going so well..... right up to the 'not had a single accident' bit...(I have had about 14 ...
I think, - I'm losing count ). That's good going - you must lead a charmed life ...or maybe I'm just an idiot? ....

Well done though - that is seriously good going - I hope your record continues unbroken (like your bones).

Cheers

Kam
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote