Thread: New Vespa 946
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #22
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
POINTLESS UPDATE:

Gee, it's a pretty scoot, init? Sleek and subtly-curved classic Italian design, not a hint of the bulbous fat-assedness of the 250-300 series.

Seems like just what the early, strictly plain-old-basic-urban-transport Vespas, made for a destroyed economy, would have evolved to as time passed, prosperity returned, the marque maturing, and acquiring the cachet of style and luxury it now enjoys. Come a long, long way from little 2T stinkers in sheet-steel hulls stamped out in repurposed 1940s aircraft plants, eh?

I could see it; buying one (assuming an unlikely confluence of miracles; that it would be imported here, that i would be somehow showered with unexpected and disposible geetas), a younger self in well-appointed fashion, boots and googles, in louche sprawl outside a coffee shop jammed with hipsters, just waiting for another chance to pronounce that charming word "quarantasei."

Capiche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
Oh yeah, and no, I'm not ethnic Chinese.
What!? geez...and I thought i was a good judge of character ...

redhandmoto screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 09:36 AM
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote