Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #26039
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP640 View Post
Hmm, a KTM with better service intervals and cheaper tires than mine but the lights are worse.
Have you priced those Schwalbes? I was having a great leafy singletrack ride yesterday when the rear Nobby Nic blew a hole in the sidewall. Had to hike the bike out of the woods due to only having one Co2 cartridge in the Camelback. Lesson learned. No more overpriced, paper thin, Schwalbes for me.
I did set a new (low) record though, with a blistering 3.1 mph avg speed while walking the bike back to the parking lot.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote