View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
4PawsHacienda
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Go the sidecar route, you've already got a great bike that you enjoy and living where you do you can ride a lot. I've only got a few months sidecar experience but don't know what the knock is about fighting it while going down the road. My 19th century technology Ural definitely has it's "quirks" but after a full days ride (3 hours travel for you Goldwingers) I've used different muscles than on 2 wheels but not fought battles beyond wind, roads, and cars. Handles fire roads and farm trails well in the mountains around the Blue Ride Parkway without complaint.

A quality bike deserves a quality rig, get a reputable shop to do the job. You'll really enjoy a well set-up rig, just decide on "the look" that you want.

A sidecar is so much more than just a "stable" 3 wheel platform! A Goldwing certainly has the power to cruise highways at posted speed limits plus. I frequently ride solo and do majority of my errands on the bike, grocery shopping not a problem. Plenty of room for a picnic basket and lawn chair too.

Wife has a Can-Am, as far as trikes go I would rate it extremely high in quality and fun factor. Runs quite well and is comfortable for distance plus has storage built in.

4PawsHacienda screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 07:27 AM
4PawsHacienda is offline   Reply With Quote