View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
RTV sealant. Popular add on for DRZ400's...Had similar case savers on those and they last for years.

Got mine in the mail from TJ yesterday....black with orange logo. Nice machining - seems to be of quality - hope to install tonight. This version has a orange TJ logo decal...would be real cool if the orange logo was actually engraved into the aluminum versus a sticker...the sticker will likely last one ride. In any case (no pun intended), real good to see someone making these. Thanks!
Thanks Teambft! Exactly! Use any RTV. Can be black, clear, or high temp. I personally use regular clear and have never had a problem yet. Just put a big bead around the outside lip and I add a bunch on the inside too. Can never have too much. Then, wipe the excess that comes out the sides.
Yes, similar to the DRZ type of Case Savers that use RTV to glue on. This is an aluminum alloy that's really light and strong. These are all handmade here in the U.S.A. (my garage) :) They are very hard to make since KTM likes to make their case's in odd shapes. Didn't think I'd be able to make this one, but it came out amazing.
Feel free to post your pics up Teambft! I hear ya on the engraving w/orange. That would look sick! I've been wanting to do that, but it's super $$$ right now since I don't have access to do that myself. I 'could' put the sticker up higher on the guard to keep it away from your foot. I also have black and white stickers. I figured orange looks the best though. Orange and black all the way!