View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #9913
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
My wife has had several conversion vans. Great comfort for everyone but the driver (well at least in the GM models). If you are long legged there's not much room in the drivers area. To get the seat far enough back to keep my legs from cramping up the steering wheel was miles away My father-in-law had a Ford but I didn't get to drive it enough to know if it had more leg room, they probably do. They actually do pretty decent in snow for a 2 wheel drive vehicle. there's enough weight you don't have to worry about sand bags
I used to cruise in my parents 86 G20 Chevy Conversion Van. I'm 6'2" and was plenty comfortable in the driver's seat or crashed on the bed in the back. It was a fun vehicle in college, except for the 11mpg. With snow tires and some extra weight in the back, it was very predictable in the snow. I actually preferred it to my parent's little '85 Blazer.

I miss that van.