View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
MrBob OP
Certified Geezer

Oddometer: 7,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierostetz View Post
its not too bad. if you get a copy of your itunes library on the external, you can gran the itunes music folder and just drag it into "new itunes" (itunes running on the new computer) and it'll import everything and update permissions, etc. This won't preserve playlists or play counts, however. If you want more than that, you'll have to get familiar with moving the folder to a new user account and modifying the permissions. If you don't know what I'm talking about (permissions) then I would definitely not pursue this.

Your first step for a lot of this should be apple's kbase (apple.com/support) as apple puts a lot of resources into their support structure. Here's a link to get you started http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527
Thanks for the link. I think I'll be able to figure things our from after I study the tutorials.
It looks like I'd connect the external hard drive and drag and drop the iTunes icon onto the iTunes icon in the new toolbar.
I have Pogue's book on my OS and using that I navigated to folders in the old HD but I don't know how to modify those permissions so I can access them from the new one.
Dropbox is on the new OS but not the old so I can't use that.