View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #48984
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Laugh Another aftermarket slip-on fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
let me preface by saying i'm a fan of mendoteach, and follow his advice word for word, typically; however, my experience was much different in the aftermarket exhaust realm. i put the vance and hines xcr exhaust on (with a ceramic coated stock header), and it made a HUGE difference to me. i'm 250 lbs, and it will pull wheelies much easier now, even in third with a good yank of the bars and a little clutch. power over all is much better through the whole curve, with quite a bit more top end than before. my exhaust is definitely on the loud side, fyi. just my $0.02.
Same here, I put on a Big Gun slip-on, its a straight-through design, not internally baffled like Mendoteachs FMF quiet pipe, and it gave me big gains from the bottom all the way up...it revs quicker and pulls longer on top, plus gave me even more of the massive torque I love most about this bike....and made the throttle response snappier ta' boot

My Big Gun is also much lighter than the stocker, and with the quiet insert in I can trail ride without earplugs no prob, it only barks when you're getting on it hard, and then it just sounds good to me, still not too loud imo. Plus it looks really good on the bike
For me it was money well spent