View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #124
Echo3Niner OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post
Unlikely, their motorcycle division is quite healthy. It was the cars that were dragging them down.
As I mentioned elsewhere; American Suzuki is only the importer of Suzuki's (cars, bikes, watercraft, etc.), and have nothing to do with the manufacture of any of their vehicles.

However, they are the importer who supplies all the dealers here in the USA, so you may be able to leverage that, even though after bankruptcy they are going to continue to import everything but the cars (which are still being made) into the USA.

Just saying, another bargaining chip, or not, your choice. If it'd save me a few hundred or more, I'd mention that I was aware the dealer's flow of bikes could be affected by the bankruptcy of the importer, and that I'd be helping them out by buying one of their bikes to keep them afloat...

But then again, I'm a hard-a$$ who spent 6 hours haggling over my last vehicle purchase... Though it saved me over $10K on my truck.
“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
Echo3Niner is offline   Reply With Quote