Thread: I need a camera
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #12
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
The conventional wisdom is that superb image quality and the ability to survive abuse are mutually exclusive traits until you get into professional body full frame DSLRs. That being said, most of the enthusiast compacts have a noticeable improvement in both image quality and build quality from the typical point and shoots. My Lumix LX-3 is built like a tank and has survived a 5 foot fall on concrete (in its case) with zero damage. Its image quality is excellent, measurably better than a typical point and shoot, almost on par with a DSLR. I had not heard of the Olympus TG1 before this thread and King Rat's images look better than most of the shots coming from "rugged" cameras.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."

soboy screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 04:09 AM
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote