View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #316
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philander View Post
So I barely passed YOUR definition of manhood. Meh. That's alright.
As for coffee, a quad grande americano is 4 shots of espresso topped off with water...What, you're not manly enough to drink that?

All kidding aside, I think that the definition of 'masculine' has evolved. As it should. It used to be 'manly' to smack your wife around and yell at the kids...I prefer to be a gentleman, albeit a capable one.

A sample of stuff over the past 2 weeks or so: I changed the oil and gear oil on my 1987 Porsche as part of the winterization routine, built an 8'x8' deck alone, played dress-up with my daughter, played soccer with my daughter, attended taekwondo lessons that my daughter and I take together, cooked dinner for my girlfriend, discovered a very nice South African wine that was pretty good for the price, painted my daughter's nails, went for a 2 up dirt ride with my girl, got my back-country skis ready for the season, bought tickets for a stage production of Pride and Prejudice as a surprise for my girlfriend, landed a 3 year consulting gig at a reasonable rate and bought myself a nice suit as a reward.

Specialization is for insects.
WOW...u gotta good daughter! rather shes got a good dad! minus the starbucks every day...

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote