View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #92
RexBuck OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Oct 31 to Nov 2 The rest of the stuff

Can't spend this much time on one city and not talk about food. Here is Gerardo ready to dig into his Chilies Rellenos while my Quesadillas await. This was at a restaraunt about 12 km out of town and was an outstanding meal. Note the bowl of peppers in the middle of the table? Hmmmm - they had to bring another bowl

Gerardo wanted to get into the Mezcal but I really didn't want to have to try to ride back on a twisty road and then through these narrow streets after "one" shot. So, Gerardo had them pack up a frickin cup of it – kind of a to go thing. I was able to enjoy it that night. Apparently this Mezcal is only available at this restaurant but it was one of the finest Mezcals I have had the opportunity to enjoy . . . and that includes Tequilas which are a type of Mezcal. Good thing we didn't get into it at the restaurant as it would have been tough to stop at one . . .

The ceiling in the restarant at my hotel - just thought it was cool

A scene you see frequently in Mexico. If you need any less than a couple of cement truck loads of concrete, just mix it on the street - saves having to clean out a wheelbarrow.

This is an alley that is so narrow, there is a kind of Romeo and Juliet story of a couple who lived across the alley from each other and they could lean over their balconies and make out. Has become a place for lovers to go smooch

They even have statues of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza as part of a cultural festival held each year in honor of the author, Miguel de Cervantes (Rex is becoming a real camera whore )

Gerardo was kind enough to give me a shirt of his motorcycle club named after Don Quixote's horse Rocianante. Gracias amigo (thanks buddy)

RexBuck screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 03:30 PM Reason: Forgot a pic
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote