Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #3948
ducatisarge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
I would Like to see a SP Hyperstrada with the Ohlins rear Marzocchi front
Me too so I did some digging on the ducati.com website and configurator on what the Hyperstrada comes with that you'd need to, and can add via the DP accessories catalog, it ain't gonna be cheap! The only things that it doesn't appear can be up-fitted to a Hypermotard SP from the Hyperstrada are the centerstand and the bar risers don't appear to be offered. I'm guessing the centerstand can't work on the SP, likely due to its longer suspension travel and overall height. So here are some estimates...

Hyperstrada $13,295 (includes at no extra cost: touring seat - $299, side panniers - $959, engine guard kit - $189, larger touring windscreen - $189)

Add all that to a Hypermotard SP and you get hit $16,331 ($14,695 MSRP + $1,636 for the accessories).

I also thought there were som other accessories for the new Hyper that would be nice...

Top Case - $869
DP Type Approve Silencer (Slip On) - $1,999
Heated Grips - $289

Add those to the Hyperstrada SP or what ever we'll call it and you're in Multistrada S Touring territory at $19,488

The silencer really surprised me with its cost, but it includes the catalytic convertor in it. Is that something we'll probably see driving up the cost of aftermarket exhaust that want to remain legal/friendly soon?

Still, it is pretty and you'd likely not see too many out and about I'd guess:

I also realize this has greatly deviated from the original thread so I'll move it over to the RoadWarriors Hyperstrada thread if the collective feels it should be.

ducatisarge screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 02:56 PM
ducatisarge is offline   Reply With Quote