View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #16
TABR
Lost Again

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob highsmith View Post
ok, probably not a good name for it..but maybe could use a line on this forum for the people who qualify for the Sr. citizen discount...remember the Triumph Bonneville TT special when it was the neatest motorcycle on the planet...and are still out there.
I actually do remember that TT...a local Triumph shop had turned Honda too..had a shiney new TT on a dias in middle of the store...
and I wanted it so bad...but alas...I had to make do with my 305 honda scrambler. oh well, to this day I have
fond memories of that old scrambler. my first donuts and figure 8's..my first hill climbing...my first enduro-type racing...my first real road trip...all on that old honda...sigh.
maybe that's what has this old man looking for a tiger 800? hahahaha...too old to stop now I guess!
The regular tiger 800 will have a lower seat height than the XC with a little bit better road manners (my opinion) and you can order a beak for it if you like that look. I chose the XC I have 30" inseam weigh 160 lbs and have no problems one footing at stops otherwise I'm on the balls of my feet when stopped and I'm AARP eligible. Enjoy the test rides.
TABR is offline   Reply With Quote