View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #29
Wobbleside
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Don't skip on the PT.
In Dec of 05 I had 2cm of my right clavical removed because I had no cartilage left in my right AC joint. They ended up having to cut the top of my shoulder open to get the bone chunk out then found my bicep tendon was detached at the shoulder and all the connective tissue in the back was free floating. 80 internal stitches later I woke up after a 45 minute 'scope job turned into 4 hours of major surgery. To this day I can't lift shit, in varying degrees of pain (nerve damage from bone on bone contact), I have 95% of my range of motion back which was more than the surgeons expected. Driving still hurts enough to be uncomfortable but riding in a standard, sport touring or adventure riding position is completely pain free.
For the record I was driving and riding my bicycle after a month but at the time I was 18 and 240lbs of power lifting, jogging 5 miles a day in way under an hour teenage idiot.
Not a lot of people know that's one of the reasons I choose to ride year round. I could ride my monster for about 4 hours before I needed to stretch, 8 hours before I was done (but not from shoulder pain). The Multistrada? Barring my ass getting sore I can ride all damn day. I can't drive for more than an hour before I'm squirming and needing to get out of the drivers seat.

Worst part was sleeping in a damn chair for 3 months, sleeping seated sucks. I actually went to a salon to get my hair washed because I couldn't lift my arm above my head for a month. That was almost orgasmic.
Wobbleside is offline   Reply With Quote