View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Thumb Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcrazy View Post
I use one of these usb power adapters to power my PN60 while riding my dirt bike. it has survived rain, mud, complete immersion, and vibration. way more durable than the delorme item, as their 12v cigarette lighter adapter broke the very first time I used it. plus, it can also power a second device using the same power socket.

Meant to post a Thank You earlier for that. I got one of those adaptors for my primary truck (the newer one with a couple of 'power ports' and it works great there. Now I need a couple more for the old truck and camper, they are on the 'wish list'. This proved to be rather timely, having had a pin finally give up due to salt water related corrosion, my 60CSx (no longer supported, i.e. not repairable) needs to be powered by USB as well and this adaptor is working well (in the protected confines of the truck). Now the quandry becomes.... with 4 bikes and two boats currently wired for the Garmin 4 pin connector, do I buy a new 78 series (only thing that still uses them) or rewire everything to utilize USB? I am 'late to embrace' most technology, by the time I get everything wired to USB there will no doubt be something 'new' that everyone has changed to.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is online now   Reply With Quote