View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,528
Thumb Great People

The actual people who work in Garmin support have always been great to me .... once you get to one. I have never called (been a couple of years now, might be better) and spent less than 20 minutes on hold waiting for one. Email can be just as challenging, I couldn't count how many attempts it took to just get an email to them when I needed a new back cover on my 60CSx ('button' broke loose, no way to mount), I wasn't smart enough (not their fault) to type my message in 'word' and paste it, every time I typed it and hit 'submit' everything would disappear through some glitch in their system. After 15 or so tries, some of the words I used were not really fit for print so of course that was the time it actually worked. I was rather embarrassed by that, they took it in stride but shouldn't have had to. I have been over a year emailing back and forth with them about getting a boat GPS to function, the time factor is not their fault as the boat is 1500 miles away from me for most of the year and when I am near it, I don't have great internet or phone access. On the other hand, they wanted to get me to try a number of 'resets' and software updates, I had explained that when it powers up it runs a few minutes then 'locks' and it takes a few weeks of sitting unpowered for whatever has locked it to 'bleed off' so that I can try something over or new. Made for a couple of frustrating winters. Finally, just got authorization to call for a 'Return Authorization' to get it repaired but I am dreading sitting on hold to get the number so that I can ship it back (again).

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote