View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #204
WilderRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,754
The room included free breakfast, but they don't have a kitchen so it was ordered in. Not bad typical food.

After breakfast it was off to the border. Relatively painless. This one had the swarm of helpers, that I really riding need, but they get in the way. Ended up tipping e each side about $2.00 in the local currency. By 10:30, I was on my way.

The roads were in decent condition and fun on a motorcycle. The only real problem was right when I joined up with the panamerican highway which I had avoided since Guatemala. The local traffic cops waived me over and wanted to go through all of my paperwork again. They were the least friendly cops of my trip and seemed determined to find something amiss. Unlike my other stops. They even tried to tell me that my license was expired, but after I showed them it was not they seemed convinced that I did not have any reason to bribe them, so they lost interest in me. More of a hassle than anything else, but it put a negative spin on Nicaragua for me.

It also gets a lot hotter here. Dropping out of the mountains of Honduras into the plains.

Stopped under this tree for a break.

Some kind of fruit. Guyuaba?

Made it to Grenada about 4:00. Finding the road to detour around Managua was a bit tricky. I am not sure I would have found it without GPS.

Parking was the problem for lodging. I ended up in another more expensive place just because they had a narrow spot to park the bike. Admittedly, I was a little lazy in looking after three days of riding and it getting late. Plus I have been good enough I don't mind spoiling myself a little now and again.

Today was a day to get some laundry done and take a day off the bike. Grenada is right by lake Nicaragua, so I wanted to see that. Pretty big lake. Not real busy though.

You can see OK he of the volcanoes in the back if you look closely.

WilderRider screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 09:07 AM
WilderRider is offline   Reply With Quote