View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Who? Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
Are they going to charge you the $160 flat rate?

If you meant me, the flat rate for my unit is $240. Having already returned it once and seeing as we've been trying to fix it for quite a while, they offered to reduce the flat rate to $120. Thanks for the reminder, they should be up out there in Kansas now, I should probably try calling!

Bruce

Edit: I did just call Garmin Service, there was absolutely NO waiting on hold. This is a huge improvement from my previous efforts (admittedly a few years ago) where I never knew if I would actually get to talk to a Service Representative before the battery gave out in my cell phone. As always, the person I spoke with was extremely helpful and pleasant, even asked a couple of times if there was anything else that he could help with. He might have been sorry he asked as I also have a 10 year old marine unit in need of help, but there was no evidence of it and he gave me advice about what to do/where to look for updated software for that unit. I have never had a bad experience with Garmin's Cutomer Service people, all have been great to talk to and very helpful..... now, if I just did not NEED to ever call.......
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225

Fire Escape screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 12:03 PM
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote