View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,029
tiger

well I just happen to be 62, 5'8" and about 160 lbs. The biggest problem with most dual sports for me anymore is wind managment, what has a good and real windscreen, ain't to tall with to high a CG, and a reasonably compliant suspension for my back. Don't like big jars so much anymore. The GFs F700 twin does a real nice job without being to tall or too heavy. The Cee Bailey Euro touring windscreen keeps the worst of the wind off without any real buffetting. No Trump dealers close by so no experience there, the new Tenere is pretty nice but heavier than I like, so I just keep riding my 1200GS till something better comes along. Tried a Wee Strom and the wind beat me to death. The F700 would really tempt me if I needed a new bike. Perhaps the new DL1000 when it finally shows up, but just a concept bike so far. Much depends on how much pavement and wind you want to deal with, the Tiger and F800 are both a bit taller than I like at my height, if they were lighter they would be fine, my DRZ is taller, but almost a hundred pounds lighter, so no problem. But woudn't want to do a 100 miles of pavement on it either. Always wanted a RK, maybe next summer.