Thread: Guitar thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #1083
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
Since i'm too poor toworry much about it, i'm gonna go with the slow bike fast mentality.

Dad had something, some elderly strat thing that got lost when he remarried and we all moved in together. I do remember that thing being orders and orders of magnitude easier on the fingers.

For o e thing it seemed about half the thickness of the peavey, and half the weight too. But the fingering was just....easier. I have no idea why and probably never will now.

Edit I do remember that it was rounded everywhere instead of having any even remotely squared off edges. And it had 3 pickups, 2 knobs, and either a 5 way or 3 way switch.
Hmm, there have been a few different carved tops over the years. I'm not a fan of them though.

If you're looking at a lighter guitar though I'd stay away from the LP though. The SG is what you'd want or maybe Melody Maker. If what you want is a Epi/Gibson style guitar. On the Fender side a Squire Classic Vibe is usually a good buy. Either a Strat or a Tele. There's a lot of good buzz on the Tele Classic Vibe Custom. It's a bit more then $200 new but you might be able to find one used. You'll find a lot of decent electrics in the $500 (new) range.