View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #42
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-VT View Post
Smartwool are nice and I have a few of their shirts that I love, but I've found Darn Tough to be much, much more durable for socks. If they're primarily riding socks, it's probably not a big deal, but when walking a lot, my Darn Tough socks have lasted at least 3X longer than Smartwools.
+1 for the darn tough socks. I am very hard on socks and generally blow through them very quickly (14 hour days with heavy boots walking on concrete). The smartwool are generally more comfortable but for the difference in how long they last I will stick with darntough. This is based off trying tons if different socks and brands. If there is one think I enjoy spending money, its quality socks.

As for the underwear, I wear both the exofficio and under armor everyday alternating throughout the week. Basically the only underwear I own. Multiple of each. All day comfort I love my boxer shorts from under armor and will choose them for day trips anytime. As for extended wearing periods the exofficio wins hands down for staying fresher, and more comfortable longer. Both great underwear and excellent quality but depends on what I'm doing for when I wear them.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote