View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 640
Saluda-Dupont Forest Gravel

Well, thanks to all of you guys leaving the .gpx files and maps to be accessed. New guy here with a newly acquired 2007 Wee Strom with stock tires. I just came back from an awesome ride around Saluda and Dupont Forest with two friends, Steve (BMW 1150GS Metzeler) and Robert (KLR 650 Conti). We left Taylors, SC at about 7:30 AM and got back into town at about 3 PM, with a nice lunch at Grammy's that hit the spot!!

The ride included pavement and gravel, valleys and mountains. I don't have a GPS so I built a map on google based on the .gpx files on this thread and some others. I saved it into my maps and accessed it from my android phone all along and that was my GPS. I'm planning though to order a handlebar mount for my phone and a marine grade cigarette lighter to keep it charged all along. Oh and because of the chilly ride this morning I'm ordering handguards as well. My knuckles were freezing!

Anyway, no much into farkles or technical questions for now. Just want to ride!!

If you can see a link to my map, it means I succeeded linking the url. If not, message my with your email address and I'll email it to you.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...a6e927a6&msa=0

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote