View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #27
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvecrusher View Post
for comparision to above IRC....

Kenda K270.............................................. ..............Shinko 244

Kenda^^^^^^^^..................................... .............SHinko^^^^^^^

IIRC, of Kenda, Shinko, or IRC, one of the three of these has a softer rubber compound and feel squirelly on the road. I think it was the Kenda. The harder one wears better too. If I'm not mistaken it's the IRC that's the better tire of this pattern. Which BTW isn't supposed be all that great on or off pavement. And they aren't cheap like a shinko either.

Also seems to me that they are for sub-650 bikes or they shred pretty fast and just don't provide enough traction. Max size is a 4.60-18 which is fine for anything sub-650. I always wanted to try one on the TE630 but always opt for a more dirt-oriented tire. That bike isn't that great on the hiway anyway, much preferring dirt roads and trails. I will truck it if it's over a hundred or more miles so knobs suit better.

For a guy commuting or mostly road I would still recommend the M41/40 or 705, and frankly, the FB's are a nicer tire, especially the large rear radial with V-rating.