View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #49059
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
F Dave......i still can`t understand why you think removing the skidplate is necessary to do an oil change

I remove the engine drain bolt.......pull it out just enough so it drains straight down into my pan.........then when the flow slows down i remove the bolt completely away from the oil stream.......then reinsert when done..

I remove 2 bolts from the oil filter housing.......loosen the third a turn.......lean the bike over against my leg and pull the third bolt out and let the oil filter cover and filter drop into a rag in my right hand and all the oil in the filter housing drains straight into the oil pan........when it`s drained i stand the bike up quickly onto the side stand....i get very little if any drips.....easily wiped clean with a rag.....

Pulling the skidplate off is a pain in the freekin arse,i`m lazy......and this works............

smarten up.....

B
How on God's green earth are you able to drain it from the main lug without getting it all over the place. If you remove the bolt slightly and leave it there, it sprays all over the place. I never once was able to do it without it getting all over the skid plate. Ok, well ALL OVER is an overstatement. It would always end up on the skid plate, a lot more than I would like. When I finally took the skid plate off.... it was an oily, gunky mess. It was so annoying that with the new skid plate I got for my other bike, I didn't care that it didn't have an oil hole. This skid plate is the best protection ever.

I need pics / video or it ain't true dude.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote