View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,567
The general route will be,in the time given(2 weeks)
Asson-Manzanares.
Manzanares-Algerciras.
Algerciras-Tanger-Med Port.
Tanger Med -Asilah
Asilah-Marrakech
Marrakech-Ourazazate.
Ouarzazate-Zagora(off road;1xday rocky/quarry dust type trails)
Zagora-M'hamid
M'hamid-Merzouga(off road;rocky/quarry dust type trails/sand a& feche-feche(2 or 3 kms)....cement dust consistency 2xdays)
Merzouga-Imilchil(via Todra Gorge)
Imilchil(via Cirque de Jaffar)-Midelt(on & off road ...53kms greenlanes/rocky mountain trails)
Midelt (via Volubilis Roman City)-Chefhaouen
Chefhaouen-Tetouan
Tetouan-Tanger Med
Tanger Med-Algerciras
Algerciras-Seville
Seville (via Caceres/Madrid)Asson (free autoorute)et voila!!

We left home at about 0800hrs in the rain...bound for Manzanares in Spain,a total of about 700kms. We need to just cover ground and get to the ferry in Algeciras so a two day ride autoroute ride was planned..this mundane route (after leaving the great mountain twisties)would allow us enough time to take the ferry and get caught in customs in Tanger Med the way one always does when traveling to Maroc!!!...(On that budget for a day lost going and a day lost returning when making a journey like this)

So wel meet at my house and whilst waiting for daylight the Land Rover bimbles along at its own speed knowing the route.....nobody does anything stupid even after a 45min wait before we leave....can't believe it!...although some start to cry because it's all wet and dark and there might be trolls in the mountains.

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride to the Spanish border at Col du Pourtalet and on over past the ski station of El Formigal......when the going levels out we stop for our first fuel stop to top up and to have a coffee/cereal bar etc. It's still somewhat 'fresh and cool' weather ways. At least the rain has ceased.

Kens soft luggage is rubbing on his exhaust somewhat so it's adjusted and fettled with...of course we make goat bleating noises to indicate that he is now President of the Team of Goats...lol...(well until the next President is elected due to their ridiculous actions...)

[IMG][/IMG]

I topped up with 12.67litres of petrol after having covered 251.5kms (about 150kms from a previous ride)and with a cost of €19.06 (€1.504/Ltr) and 5Litres/100km.

We arrive in Manzanares at approx 1900hrs after an uneventful autoroute ride just to cover distance.....we even navigated Madrid's busy exterior route with relative ease. The arrangements were to meet up at the railway station with the UK branch of the EDC every hour on the hour until all lost souls turned up. We all rode to the station just to see what's what...Here we met Craig oh his black Tiger....and one of the group spray painted a rude drawing on the newly painted white station wall.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After a couple of hours I was able to locate the rest of the UK branch of the EDC and guide them back to the hotel. The hotel is on the outskirts of the town and there's a fuel station opposite. I had used this hotel before and was able to save money by eating breakfast in the fuel station rather than the rip off price of the hotel. It's called the Hotel Parador and was €75 per room...so divided by two meant €37.50 each.

By coincidence it was Kens birthday and Phil had smuggled a cake in the Land Rover for that evening..so a party was held in due EDC fashion....

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is Ken modeling the cake box...as you do...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 04:42 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote