View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
Nookie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Yeah 60 here and 5'9" with 31" inseam. Been ridin since the 1960's and my 1st bike was a Honda 160 scramber. I thought it was the fastest bike in the world and rode it like I stole it everyday. Lol! I think having that 160 scrambler is what always catches my eye when I see the new Triumph scrambler. Kinda of has a place in my heart. However, recently I sold my Harley electra glide and Klr 650. After a 3000 mile trip this summer on the Harley I just got tired of lifting that beast off the kickstand all day everyday. On the way home I told myself this is it, my heavy weight Harley days are over. With the Klr for me its just wouldn't work as a tourer and at 60 lets face it serious dirts not on my agenda anymore. So I replaced them with a Buell Uly XT and a wee-strom. I bought both at very affordable prices in great shape and low miles. The Buell gives me that grunt and torque I new I'd be missing from the Harleys for blasting around the southwest U.S. where I live, and the Wee-Strom has become my primary tourer because its just so damn reliable and will take you just about anywhere you want to go there and back.
Nookie is offline   Reply With Quote