View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #104
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Im really not sure I would enjoy this on a bike, especially once you load it down with gear and add a headwind. Ever since I have started riding every bike Ive had has had more than enough power to blow away 95% of traffic in nearly all situations.

That said, Im amazed a 250 can even do 65 at altitude, let alone up a hill. 15 cubic inches.. I will have one when I get back from my trip
Mine is always loaded. I keep it in Phoenix to explore the West when I visit. It has a top speed around 90 in good conditions and I generally cruise about 65 on the highway. As you know, most of the west is 5-9k feet up. It works...

My travel kit is about 35lbs. I'm about 210lb in my gear. Maybe more. I bought it because my KTM twin was too heavy to explore thw wilderness solo. I needed something I could pick up out of the mud myself. The little Yam proved every bit as good a touring bike as my big twin. So I sold the beast and replaced it with a stonking 690R...probably the most powerful single made:

It's about the same weight as the Yammer, but nearly 70HP! ...a freakin' rocketship!
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote