View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #160
too few miles
thedrewski86's Avatar
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Hammond
Oddometer: 70
Originally Posted by der_saeufer View Post
3) bike >500cc and 15+ years old: no title, but VIN verification required. Send bill of sale, complete application, VIN verification form and fees, get registration and license plate. Exception: if you have a VT registration for this bike in any previous owner's name, the VIN verification is waived. For this purpose, the previous registration can be expired. You do have to submit a copy in lieu of the VIN verification. A 1981 CB750 fits into this category.
My 1975 CB550 fits in this category. I'm filling out the registration application and I will get the VIN verification for it. Obviously I'm doing this because I don't have a title but I have a bill of sale from the PO (he never had a title either). Indiana requires a title to register a vehicle so after I get the plate and registration from Vermont they also send me a title right?? I've read through this so many times I'm getting confused but I thought that was the entire point.

Also I was just going to use the Vermont plate for a year but I don't want to deal with cops so I'm just going to get my state registration as soon as I can.
1990 CBR1000F
1975 CB550 Four
1994 Toyota 4x4 22RE 5speed
thedrewski86 is offline   Reply With Quote