View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 5,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
I owned a CBR 600 F4i years ago and i found it just boring to ride anywhere near the speed limits so i had to get rid of it cause i knew it was gonna result in me and my liecence parting ways. anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?
I've always said the same thing. When I owned a Ninja 250 and an EX500, everybody asked why I did not get a "real" sportbike. I replied that therese were "real" sport bikes, and the only thing they didn't do that the supersports did was go ridiculously fast. Apparently that is the general consensus of what a sport bike is "supposed" to do. To me sport riding is all about handling, and a smaller, slower, cheaper, and less expensive to insure bike can do that just as well. Unless you are a racer and spend a lot of time on the track, I see no purpose in high powered super fast sport bikes. Plus they are also usually very painful to ride slow. The smaller bikes are almost always more comfortable, yet still handle well enough for 95% of all riders. Most riders have no idea what a Ninja 250 can actually do, and quickly dismiss it as a "beginner" bike. I got 3 speeding tickets on my Ninja 250, all in tight curves where the speed limit dropped way down and there was a cop on the other side. Fortunately they were all no points violations, but I learned to cool it. On a 250.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote