Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #11198
norschweger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
[QUOTE=rockymountainoyster;20064707]Sjoerd Priceless info on insurance.

Norschweger: radioman reported that he had to show the original title to his bike when he went into, Bolivia I think. If you are planning to head farther south it looks like you need to have some kind of original ownership certificate with all of the provisos mentioned by Sjoerd. I have been told that, for US Americans, we need to show only the original vehicle registration. I am not clear about why these countries want you to have the original title. If I wanted to try to sell my vehicle in CA or SA I would have to have the title.Q If they don't want me to try to sell the vehicle why do they require me to carry the document I need to do so? Just wondering.[/UOTE]

So, obviously there is nothing like a real title in Canada!? I do have the Owner┤s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence with the Vehicle Registration on the same page. My name on it, but as mentioned, the adress of friends in BC. Unfortunately, as they did not have the special letter for two s (▀), my last name is spelled with two s on that paper, whereas my passport shows the ▀. My credit card shows two s as well though, so I guess it will be fine.

If they don't want me to try to sell the vehicle why do they require me to carry the document I need to do so? Just wondering.[/ got a point there : )

norschweger screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 01:05 PM
norschweger is offline   Reply With Quote